Tuesday 15 November 2011

happy

tonight i ask the monsters of my dreams 
to call a truce,
and instead come with angelic faces,
and i will collapse with wonderfully heavy bones,
as they drag me from this ragged reality,
and revel in the exquisite pain of falling into sleep.
i can not fight tonight.
my sword lays cold and hard in my hands
and i do not even flinch when it crashes to the ground,
just merely watch its silent journey
as if it were falling through water.
my armour is not polished,
but tonight i ask the monsters of my dreams 
to not see this as weakness,
but instead take pity,
and tonight, use their strength to carry me.
carry me away,
far, far away,
to someplace where i can let sleep close over my head
like warm water on weary skin.
and i will rise the next day,
with my sword by my side,
ready to fight once again.


my one day of peace has refreshed and balanced me...
on the drive to my parents early monday morning, i felt so happy and free, the entire day was mine! it felt so good to just breathe the damp wintery air. 
once in my workshop i first gave my lovely mutt a cuddle




then decided she should try on my boots...

i think she likes them!

my view through the window as i was writing my poem

my little grumpy cutie

collecting the last of the raspberries for mum to bake an apple and raspberry crumble


mmmm, thats what my heaven looks like :)
x




1 comment:

Jess said...

There is too much cuteness heere. I think I might blow up. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Let it out now. SIgh of relief. But omg theyre so gorgeous :) xxx