Wednesday 29 January 2014

Kale Is Fabulous Don't You Know

I think I may have started a love affair with Kale...shhh don't tell T....
I just can't help it, it tastes so good and I don't even have to cook it I can just EAT IT. All of it, as much as I like because It's GOOD FOR ME.
Yep that was my lunch....and it tasted GOOOOOOOD.



I had a tiny amount of avocado pesto noodles left over from dinner last night, so I stirred them into a big old bunch of kale, added a handful of mixed seeds (pumpkin, sunflower and linseed) and drizzled on some olive oil.


Yummy.
But of course that lunch was way too healthy, I had to go and spoil my health kick didn't I...
Actually, It wasn't my fault. I'm trying to perfect a recipe for Vegan Caramel, and well I had to taste it!


Sea Salt and Vanilla flavour



The flavour was good, but the texture needs work, I want them to be chewier. These came out soft and they melt in your mouth rather lovely, however they didn't have enough substance to them. I think next time I will try reducing the boiling time, and maybe adding a syrup as well as brown sugar. 
Any suggestions are most welcome :)
I'll share my recipe once I'm satisfied it's the best! 




Hope you're all having a wonderful Wednesday! x








1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my god, this caramel looks absolutely incredible, I want to try it! And I also love kale too :-) have you tried making kale chips? They're so yummy x