Thursday 6 March 2014

A Little Day At Bristol Vintage Fair

So last Saturday there was a vintage fair in Bristol, and what a delightful little day it turned out to be. 
After meeting my lovely mum at Temple Meads train station, we decided to go and get hot coffee and breakfast before going into the fair. We ambled our way alongside the river and pottered about St.Nickolas Market. Normally we would gobble and feast on many of the treats, the stalls offerings of wonderful food and drink are far too good to just pick one. 
However with my cleanse still not quite allowing me to eat whatever I wanted, with heavy sighs we walked on. I suggested The Boston Tea Party on Park street and with lifted spirits we made our way across the fountains and up up up. We paused to peer into cute little boutiques, pointing at various things with oohs and ahhs.
The coffee was glorious, hot and strong and we drank it whilst chatting about mothers day and eagerly awaiting breakfast.
Mum ate soup with crusty bread whilst I devoured their super salad of fresh leaves and avocado, nuts, seeds and mango.


Inside the building, the vintage fair was larger than I though it would be, with so many stalls selling a mix of clothes, jewelry, bags, fabric and kitchen/home ware.



I wanted to buy all of the jewelry.



After walking round twice, we eventually decided on a few things that had caught our attention. I bought some sweet little buttons for my friends birthday, a wonderful old, tiny box that was originally for holding a woman's cigarette, some beautiful kitchen utensils (that you'll see being used before too long!) and the most loveliest cake stand I have ever seen. I've been looking for a cake stand for over a year now so am a very happy bunny.

Mum bought a beautiful glass milk/cream jug. She said once summer arrives we can sit in the garden with strawberries and coconut cream.


Before leaving we sat and drank tea and I persuaded mum to have a cake.


It was very difficult to tear ourselves away and return to the modern world! x








1 comment:

Kim said...

Aww I wish I could've gone to this with you :( we need more girly days out when I'm back! x

Sweet Monday